Our Health Guarantee Policy
Our puppies are 100% guaranteed to be in good health and free of any signs of infection and any contagious or communicable diseases at the time of adoption. We take pride in the fact that our relationship with you does not end when you take home a puppy from us. As a family of breeders, experienced puppy counsellors, and die-hard puppy lovers, we’d like to believe nothing can ever go wrong with our puppies. However, certain things are never under our control.
Our Health Guarantee:
A puppy’s health is dependent on a lot of factors like genetics, exercise, food & nourishment and overall care. While we may not be able to guarantee that your puppy will never have a health problem, we guarantee to do our best to ensure your new family member is a healthy one!
The seller certifies that the puppy you purchase is in sound health at the time of sale to the best of my knowledge, and has been given all vaccinations and wormings stated on the vaccination record provided to the buyer(s). I do my best to provide the new owner with a healthy puppy. The buyer will become responsible for further vaccination, boosters and wormings. If this puppy becomes sick or has a genetic default, the following stipulations must be adhered to in order for a replacement to be made. An official report from a licensed vet stating, without a doubt, the puppy has a genetic defect that would hinder the pup, must be sent to me along with a phone number of the vet’s office. If the puppy should die, an autopsy must be done by a licensed vet stating the cause of death. The documentation must be forwarded to me before a determination will be made. The seller reserves the right to confirm the diagnosis with a vet of my choice. The seller will not be responsible for any expense you may incur, including return shipping and vet expenses.
Our Health Guarantee does not cover anything as a result of accident or injury after your puppy’s arrival. The guarantee period starts as soon as you receive your puppy.
What does our Health Guarantee cover?
This warranty applies only to the original buyer. Parasites are not covered under warranty as a puppy can pick these up overnight travel. Your puppy will be up to date on wormings and should be wormed regularly as recommended by your vet.
Hernias, umbilical or inguinal are occasionally present in puppies. If surgery is required we provide $50 for umbilical and $75 for inguinal. Most will be outgrown. If not they can be easily repaired at the time of Spaying/Neutering is highly recommended if you are not planning on breeding.
We have raised this puppy from sound parents and it is your responsibility to take good care of him/her to ensure a long healthy life. You may play an important role in helping your puppy grow into a healthy adult.
If you are not able to keep this pup in the future and wish to return it to the seller, you may do so along with the paperwork provided by their seller at the time of purchase. You WILL NOT receive a refund for this pup.
I, the seller, do hereby agree to offer a 2 week health and 1 year genetic warranty on this puppy as stated in the conditions above.
What isn’t covered by our Health Guarantee?
1. Any stress or environmentally induced disorders such as, but not limited to kennel cough, pneumonia, cold, giardia, coccidiosis, etc., anything that is beyond our control once your puppy leaves our premise.
2. Curable diseases: localized mange, cherry eye, bladder stones, inverted eye-lids, inverted tails, grade 1 and 2 heart murmur, grade 1, 2, 3 and 4 patellar luxation, testicular problems. (Please note that vet will check that both testicles have descended before departure.)
3.The followning conditions that are considered normal in the bulldog breed, are not covered: cherry eye, dry eye, entropion, generalized and localized mange, inverted or reverse sneezing, hip dysplasia, patellar luxation, skin allergies.
4. We cannot be responsible for any veterinarian bills or charges once your puppy leaves our premises. As a responsible dog owner, you agree to provide your puppy with the needed medical care. Set up a vaccination and check-up appointment with your trusted veterinarian. Dogs should adhere to their vaccination schedule to avoid catching preventable diseases. Owning a dog is a financial commitment so it is important to consider these and any other extra future expenses in case your puppyy gets sick. Since veterinary costs can quickly stack up, getting your puppy pet insurance and taking your pet to the veterinarian as soon as symptoms start to show seem to be the most responsible practices.
Should your puppy be diagnosed or die of any illness covered by our Health Guarantee, you are entitled to a new puppy in the value of your originally purchased dog. This includes travel costs.
To reclaim our Health Guarantee the followning is necessary:
1.Please inform us about any health issues immediately after learning about it.
2. An original signed and stamped, official veterinary report is required to apply for your guarantee claim. Your puppy’s registered name and/or number, date of birth, and microchip number should all be included in the report. This report should be scanned and sent by e-mail or by fax within 24 hours after the examination. The official veterinary report must be clear and precise listing: the exact problem, its severity, the symptoms, all of the tests that have been carried out (e.g. blood test, x-ray, ultrasound, etc.).
3.We reserve the right to require a second official veterinarian report from a different independent vet clinic.
4. We may ask for photos and/or video recordings to see your puppy and analyse the case.
5. We may ask for a radiograph in cases of severe hip dysplasia. Your puppy’s date of birth, registered name and/or number, microchip number, name of the veterinarian, name of the hospital making the radiograph and the date of the radiograph taken must be indicated on the film emulsion.
6. Our licensed veterinarian or specialist will examine your claim before any form of remediation can start.